Associate Professor – Design (Graphics, Advertising or Interior & Spatial Design)
Edinburgh Napier University, UK
Apply by October 9, 2017
Edinburgh Napier University is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to support leadership in the Design, Advertising and Photography subject group. Candidates should have expertise in one of Graphics, Advertising or Interior & Spatial Design
As Associate Professor in Design you will contribute to the academic leadership of the school. Working primarily in the Design, Advertising & Photography subject group, you will support the development of staff and students to create a positive student experience and contribute to developing research outputs for REF UoA 34 (Art & Design).
You will be ambitious in your career and this role will give you the opportunity to move into a head of subject position where you will drive forward strategic objectives.
What Are We Looking For
Applicants must demonstrate:
• Breadth and depth of experience in specialism (Graphics, Advertising or Interior/Spatial Design)
• Capacity to develop high-quality teaching/learning and research programmes and have experience of research-led teaching and/or training
• Good external networks
• Evidence of generating external funding or successful research collaboration
• Evidence of a professional or academic and research profile, including high-quality publications or exhibitions
• Proven track record in leading and managing within a team environment
• Completed PhD supervision is preferred, as is a doctoral qualification, but not essential.