Association of Designers of India ADI and Cumulus signed MOU
November 18, 2017 Pune, India
Association of Designers of India and Cumulus – International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media, signed a MOU for co-operation in promoting design at Pune on 18th Nov 2017 — with Eija Salmi, Luisa Collina, Ashish Deshpande and Bala Mahajan at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park.
ADI is committed to promoting best practices in the profession of design in India by strengthening and promoting the capabilities of the Indian design profession, as well as amplifying and presenting a unified voice to influence public policy, shape the industry and benefit the people at large.
Key Objectives of ADI:
– Create a strong network of designers from India,
– Build a platform for sharing design thinking and design case studies.
– Become a national strategic body of the design professional community advising at government & policy- level, acting as an independent professional body represented at the India Design Council and any other Chartered Society of Designers.
– Lead the design community towards better quality of service, responsible design and smooth interface with the industry
– Promote compliance of ethical practice code amongst design community in India
– Increase awareness of “good design” amongst the “people” and “industry”, through out-reach programs, publications, events & installations.
– Encourage Chapter level activity in promoting design and design related activities
– Build a national movement of young designers
– ADI shall network with national and international bodies related with the profession
– Promote India as a design service destination
Learn more about ADI www.adi.org.in