Call for communication: ECOLAB International Symposium – Digital Ecologies
Hosted by the ESAD, Orléans Higher School of Art and Design, France
November 9 – 10, 2017
Deadline for submissions: September 22, 2017
The symposium represents the inaugural activities of the ECOLAB research unit (certified by the Ministry of Culture and Communication), specialised in the study and experimentation of ecological and digital issues in the field of design.
The fundamental concern of the international « Digital ecologies » symposium is to question the terms and conditions of an « ecological » approach through contemporary design practices. It rests on the idea that ecology is inseparable from the study and protection of nature, and consequently must be understood in every sense as a relational, dynamic and complex approach which can be applied to artificial environments, in particular the digital one which has become the environment associated with our lives.
The call for international communication is open to all researchers, French or foreign, in exact science and social studies disciplines, designers, architects and artists.
– be drafted in French or English
– present a summary of the presentation in 3000 characters maximum (spacing excluded)
– specify the approach or approaches concerned by their presentation
– contain the submission author’s institutional membership
– give the author’s personal contact details (email)
CALL FOR COMMUNICATION SCHEDULE:
– Call for communication circulation date: 15 June 2017
– Deadline for sending propositions: 22 September 2017
– Deadline for definitive selection of propositions: 9 October 2017
The propositions for communication must be sent to:
Ludovic DUHEM – Scientific Head at
Jacqueline FEBVRE – Dean
Emmanuel CYRIAQUE – Publisher, Visual