21 February 2012
Meeting Helsinki, Finland - May 2012
Next meeting during Northern World Mandate conference in Helsinki, Finland.
Provisionally May 24, 2012.
9.30 - 11.30 (possibly also 12.00 -14.00)
Water is the single most important topic for a sustainable future. Water & Design offer a wide variety of fascinating aesthetic, functional, social, methodological topics to designers and design-educators. Cumulus Global Water Working Group was founded at the Shanghai conference and since held meetings in Paris and Denver. Helsinki is our 3rd official meeting.
- Resume of outcome from the group’s work Paris (headed by Georg C Bertsch) and Denver (headed by Peter Stebbing and Ursula Tischner). Overview on some new literature.
- Short presentations by participants (ca. 10 min each), open to every participant.
- Report on running projects at our Universities or in other contexts. Interchange of methodologies, results and insights
- The working group will have a look at the results of two Frankfurt projects and discuss them in front of the posters of the show (see below) for approx. 30 minutes.
- Water & Design as curricular topic: undergrad, grad, post grad and phd topics in water & design.
- Brainstorming for next steps.
Prof. Georg-Christof Bertsch