03 August 2012
Full Time Professors – 4 disciplines
Universidad de Monterrey (UDEM), Mexico
Applications by September 30, 2012
OPEN INTERNATIONAL INVITATION
Universidad de Monterrey (UDEM), through the Art, Architecture and Design Division, and in consideration of the coming opening of its “Gate of Creation”:
ROBERTO GARZA SADA CENTER OF ART, ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
designed by the renowned Japanese architect Tadao Ando,
is inviting professionals interested in participating in the selection process for the positions of
FULL TIME PROFESSOR
during one year (with possible contract renewal) in the areas of:
- TEXTILE DESIGN AND FASHION -
- ARCHITECTURE -
- INTERIOR DESIGN -
- GRAPHIC DESIGN -
UDEM is a Higher Education Institution located in the Municipality of San Pedro Garza García, N.L., accredited by the Federation of Mexican Private Higher Education Institutions (FIMPES) and by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, Telephone number 404-679-4500) to teach Undergraduate and Graduate academic programs. UDEM has the inherited prestige from the Catholic Educational Institutions which gave birth to it in 1969. It has a unique Campus, surrounded by the beauty of the Sierra Madre Oriental mountains, where it offers academic programs at Pre-University Level, 35 Undergraduate Degree Programs, 10 Graduate Degree Programs, 7 Graduate Specialties and 28 Medical Specialties. Its school population is made up of 12,000 students and 1,000 professors.
- Teaching and planning work at undergraduate and master’s degree levels and in the future at doctoral level; as well as providing academic support to students.
- Coordinate and contribute to his/her Department’s academic activities’ international approach by means of research and teaching.
- Actively participate in development of projects with an interdisciplinary, proactive manner, and with high academic and professional quality.
II. Position’s Profile:
- Master’s Degree studies (preferably Doctorate) in any of the above mentioned areas.
- 2-Year minimum teaching experience in prestigious higher education institutions; proof of high-performance as a professor.
- 5-Year minimum professional experience.
- Ability to create a network of contacts in order to facilitate the linkage and internationalization of the academic program.
- Competencies: an expert in his/her field, an upright individual, able to work in a collegiate manner, open to a global world, progressive, proactive, innovative, with mastery of the methodologies needed for research in his/her area and competent as a professor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in Spanish (basic level) and English (a third language will be highly appreciated).
- Full and exclusive time availability.
- Commitment to the values, principles, purposes and objectives of Universidad de Monterrey.
UNIVERSIDAD DE MONTERREY, MEXICO