Full Membership – for universities, colleges or academies of higher education in art, design and media. The institution applying for full membership has to offer education leading to a degree.
Associate Membership – for companies, institutions or associations related to art, design or media.
Observer status at meetings of Cumulus can be granted to companies, institutions or associations related to art, design and media. The status of Affiliate Membership can be granted by the board to regional and international associations and networks.
How the decision on new members is made
The applications arrived by the deadline are discussed by the Executive Board. Should the Board be in favour of the application it will recommend the new member applicant to the General Assembly, which will make the final decision.
To ensure sustainable growth (about 10% per year) as well as educational, regional and geographical balance, the Board will pay attention especially to the following criteria:
- The applicant’s existing international environment/collaborations
- The local collaboration of the applicant, e.g. industrial collaboration, cultural values, cultural connections, artistic values, artistic environment etc
- The applicant’s responsibility towards the society
- The “motto” of the applicant in Cumulus; i.e. what the applicant wants to do with Cumulus and for Cumulus
- The geographical location: non- or under-represented countries and regions are preferred.
Should the board not recommend one or some of the applicants, it will state reasons for the General Assembly.
The application process is free of charge. An invoice of the membership of the ongoing year (in full) will be sent to the new members after the General Assembly.
Deadlines for the next intake
Next application deadline November – December 2018
Current intake (applications submitted in December 2017:
Next New Members Fair: during Cumulus conference April 11 – 13, 2018 in Paris, France
Next General Assembly: during Cumulus conference April 11 – 13, 2018 in Paris, France
Members pay a yearly membership fee determined by the General Assembly. The fees for 2017 are
Full members 1.200€
- Non-profit institutions 1.500€
- For profit institutions (>20 employees) 2.000€
- For profit institutions (21-150 employees) 3.000€
- For profit institutions (<151 employees) 5.000€
Rights & restrictions
The members have a
- right to participate in the biannual conferences
- right to send announcements on seminars, exhibitions, competitions, organizational changes etc to the Cumulus website free of charge
- right to join the mailing list
- right to publish a member profile on the Cumulus homepage
- Full members voting right, Associate members no voting right at the General Assembly