· Be an internationally acknowledged design institution nurturing individuals to develop as innovative professionals and entrepreneurs with requisite skills and social sensitivity
· Enrolling students of pluralistic identities & cultural contexts and provide a learning experience, that inspires and prepares them to be leaders, characterized by creative thinking, innovation and the ability to transform the future
· Building on an impeccable foundation of research & learning based on a wide spectrum of disciplines to develop & impart learning as per the emerging needs of society
· Developing collaborations with other advanced educational foreign institutions and public and private organizations in order to enhance and maintain the quality and standard of education
· Channelize the creative energies of the increasing youth of the country into well researched and realistically viable development streams as trained professionals with a genuinely high level of usable skill sets for the Industry
· To revive and renew time-honoured indigenous skills & craft knowledge and practices and bring beneficial developments and changes to rural livelihood through thought and action
· Enable endeavors towards establishing a ‘self-definition for women’ by encouraging, empowering and educating women to become professionals & entrepreneurs creating their own business or social enterprise
- ARCH is a premier EDEXCEL learning centre and in strategic partnership with Pearson Edexcel, is accredited to deliver eight BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications in Art & Design. The BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications embedded in the BA 2+1 International Study Abroad programmes are equivalent to the first 2 years of graduation in UK Universities and give ARCH students the pathway to progress to complete a Level 6 Top Up Degree graduation in one year in any of the UK Universities with whom we have tieups.
- Arch is a Pearson Assured Organisation
- The ARCH Academy of Design is an authorised centre to offer LCCI (The London Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
- Arch is a full Member of IFFTI (The International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes) and is also on the Industries Sub Committee.
- ARCH holds membership of the WDO (World Design Organization) formerly ICSID, a nonprofit organization promoting the profession of industrial design
- ARCH is also a member of the Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA) which was established in April 2006 with funding support from the Innovation & Technology Commission, HKSAR Government.
- ARCH and De Montfort University, Leicester, UK have signed an MoU for academic, cultural and personnel exchanges (including student exchanges); the exploration of progression schemes in subject areas of mutual interest (mainly Design and Business); potential collaborative research projects and the exploration of Joint funding bids to appropriate bodies for teaching learning and research purposes.
- An MoU has also been signed with the University of Salford, UK, with the envisaged collaborative activity including progression, Staff & Student Exchange programmes, skill transfer programmes and development of Curriculum and pedagogy in Design Education. MoU's have been signed with the University of Northampton, UK; the University of Middlesex, UK; UDEM Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico; the Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy, Ukraine; the Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia; and more MoU deliberations are underway with the Manchester Fashion Institute & the Teeside University, UK; NSCAD, Canada; Ecole Boulle & Ecole Duperre, Paris, France.
- ARCH is in the process of exploring agreements with other top rung UK based universities, institutions and colleges. Pearson’s BTEC Progression Routes in the UK include University of Bedfordshire, Heriot-Watt University, Coventry University, St Patrick’s College, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Bath Spa University et al. Destinations also include Universities & colleges in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa.
- To build strategic alliances and partnerships with educational institutions in the UK, ARCH in partnership with Doncaster College has received funding for the Staff Exchange Program and skill transfer between the two institutions under the Prime Ministers Initiative for International Education (PMI2) of the British Council.
- ARCH has conducted successful bi- directional student exchanges for the past 3 years with the Textila Gymnasiet in Stockholm, Sweden (now part of Tillskärarakademi , Sweden) and both institutions have renewed their MoU for a further three years.
- ARCH Academy of Design is an affiliated College of the University of Rajasthan for Undergraduate Degree Courses in BBA, B.Com & BVA and offers a Post Graduate Degree in Garment Production and Export Management (GPEM).
- Fashion Design council of India (FDCI): FDCI is the apex body in the field of fashion design in India and to work for the development and growth of the fashion design industry. ARCH is the Institutional Member of FDCI.
- Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRC): ARCH is the official Consultant Designer for the complete range of Uniforms covering all cadres for the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation.
- Garment Exporters Association of Rajasthan (GEAR): ARCH has an MoU with the 26 year old Garment Exporters Association of Rajasthan (GEAR) for the facilitation of Industry Exposure/ Internship, Placement, Industry Mentored Real Time Classroom and Industry Design Projects and Industry Visits for its students. Additionally Member Industries of GEAR will participate as Jury members for Evaluation and contribute in the formation of a Board of Studies for Fashion & Apparel.
- MSME-NID Design Clinic Scheme: ARCH is empanelled with MSME and NID (National Institute of Design) to conduct the DESIGN CLINIC SCHEME for the Jewellery cluster in Jaipur.
ARCH is also actively associated with other Industry bodies which include the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE), FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), FORHEX, Rajasthan Heritage Fashion Week, Resurgent Rajasthan. These bodies have assisted the ARCH faculty and students in areas of mentoring and networking. ARCH has assisted these institutions to organize their events and projects in accordance with the fulfillment of their missions and objectives.
Bachelor of Design Degree
International Study Abroad Programmes (Progression for Degree Year)
Master's Degree Programmes
Student & Faculty Exchanges
faculties and departments
Fashion & Textile Design
Interior & Spatial Design
Commerce & Management
bachelor level programs
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) - 4 Years Degree affiliated to University of Rajasthan
- B. Des Fashion Design
- B. Des Interior Design
- B. Des Craft & Accessory Design
- B. Des Jewellery Design
- BVA (Applied Arts)
- BBA (Design)- 3 Years
International Study Abroad Programmes (2+1 Years)
- BTEC HND level 5(Pearson Edexcel) 2years at ARCH
- BA degree awarded by UK University in 3rd year of study abroad on Progression
- BA Fashion Design
- BA Interior Design
- BA Product Design
- BA Graphic Design
- BA Digital Design
- BA Photography
Bachelor of Vocational Studies (B.Voc) - 3 Years Degree affiliated to Rajasthan ILD Skills University
- B. Voc Fashion Design
- B. Voc Interior Design
- B. Voc Product Design
- B. Voc Jewellery Design
- B. Voc Graphic Design
- B. Voc Journalism & Mass Communication
master level programs
Master of Vocational Studies (M.Voc) - 2 Years Degree affiliated to Rajasthan ILD Skills University
- M. Voc Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship
- M. Voc Interior Design & Entrepreneurship
- M. Voc Jewellery Design & Entrepreneurship
- M. Voc Product Design & Entrepreneurship
- M. Voc Design Communication
research activity and main areas
ARCH in partnership with Perth UHI, Scotland has received the prestigious 45,000 GBP UKIERI Grant 2012 for Institutional Capacity Building. The 2 year project which will be undertaken with this grant addresses ‘Communication and Application of Design to Promote Mutual Creative & Cultural Industries’ and will include staff and student exchanges and development of an online platform for delivery of Design Communication in the industry.
Research Paper Presentation at Fashion Colloquia, London College of Fashion during IFFTI conference on "Innovation in Development of Indigenous Eco Crafts for High Fashion Global Markets, which aimed at providing sustainable livelihood solutions to vulnerable craft communities of the world and improving local economies by reducing the environmental impact of harmful synthetic dyes."
Recently, our Founder & Director Ms Archana Surana was invited as the keynote speaker at the 4th North Western fashion Conference was held in Belgium, at the University of Antwerp from 23rd Nov to 25th Nov 2016 to talk about "Heritage Crafts in Fashion Business - Tradition to Modernity."
Arch students Akshita Airan, Megha Goyal and Alka Yadav and ex-faculty member Bianca Mendes also got the opportunity to present their research papers.
Ms Richa Lakwal, Fashion Design Faculty at ARCH, presented a research paper at a three day International Conference on Fashion, Retail and Management held at the NIFT, Hyderabad, India. The research paper was titled ‘Dyeing to Sustain: Encouraging Eco Conscious Lifestyle & Social Responsibility’. The aim of her paper was to translate the passion for Indian ethnic crafts and business ideology into satisfying career opportunities for the hand block printing, tie-dye & handloom- weaving craft artisans, by improving the craft value chain to help revive and sustain ecoheritage textile craft.
subject areas for exchange students
Current Exchange Programme is with Stockholms University, Sweden wherein 2 students from each institution go for 4 weeks. With us students learn Surface Ornamentation Techniques
Our students also go for Summer School to Universities like Univ. of Salford
Beginning and ending dates of the semesters (approximately)
01 July – 31 Dec
01 January – 30 June
cost of living per month (studying and living)
INR 25000 (accommodation & Food) + upto INR 35000
Studying depending on Module
Average cost is INR 40000-50000 per month ( for a customised module)