Wednesday, 17 October 2012
Next meeting Santiago, Chile - November 14, 2012
Programme to come soon organized by the International Office of Duoc UC.
Wednesday November 14, 2012 at 12.00.
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Meeting Helsinki, Finland - May 2012
Meeting during Northern World Mandate conference in Helsinki, Finland.
X-FILES WORKING GROUP for International Coordinators
Time: 24 May 2012
Venue: Aalto University, Arabia Campus, Hämeentie 135c, Helsinki
9.00 – 15.00
- guided tour of the Arabia campus and presentation of the host-university
- coffee break – bilateral talks
- welcome, introduction x-files schedule
- workshop (11.30 – 12.30)
workshop: “how to survive” – our everyday business _ chared by Aparajita Dutta
- break: lunch, registration, new member fair
- presentation of Markus Laitinen about the Finnish education system
Time: 25 May 2012
Venue: Aalto University, Otaniemi Campus, Espoo
11.00 – 13.00
- session - 5 minutes presentations
- bilateral talks, news, any other business, etc.
Contact: Bettina Ganz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, 08 September 2011
Cumulus Working Groups Denver, USA – September 2011
Cumulus Working Groups meet again in Denver. Welcome!
Thursday, 18 August 2011
Meeting in Denver, USA Sept 2011
Time: Thursday Sept 29, 2011
9am - 5 pm
Chair :Marie Ogée and Lynn Lindegren (to be confirmed)
- Introduction Names and School - a few words - tour of the table
- American education and accreditation system for design schools
- International students services: how can we learn from what you do?
- Exchange practices between USA/ rest of the World
- conversion problems, tuition fees, ATLANTIS programs
It would be nice to hear from the partners who have done some oversee Double or Joint degree in design or art.
Contact Marie Ogee email@example.com
Friday, 17 June 2011
X-files Working Group
X- files Working Group for International Coordinators
The group was coordinated since 1998 by the international office of the University of Art and Design Helsinki. Activity 2006: Discussion on current themes that are related to international coordinator -work field were held in Nantes June 2006. A planning was started to shift the coordination a team of Cumulus international offices. The initiative was taken by Zürich, Nantes, Paris Oliver Serres and Politecnico di Milan.
The purpose of the X-Files meetings is to:
- know the international coordinators or representatives of as many schools as possible,
- understand the local system of education of the conference school,
- exchange best practices on questions such as credits, hours, recognition,
- explore possibilities to collaborate with the schools within exchange programs, training, workshops, etc.
Anne Schoonbrodt, Politectnico di Milano, : anne.schoonbrodt[at]polimi.it Marie Ogee, ENSAAMA : relations-internationales[at]ensaama.net
Bettina Ganz, Zurich University of Arts: bettina.ganz[at]zhdk.ch
Monday, 14 June 2010
Meeting Paris-Sevres, May 2011
Presentation of Strate College Designers
Presentation of FDE (France Design Education, association of French design schools)
10.30 What's new?
Introducing: Changes, news, projects, partner search..
12.00 New Members Fair /Registration / Lunch
13.30 - 14.45 Input
Inter- and transculturality by Dr. Nadia Baghdadi.
Nadia Baghdadi has an MA degree in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies. She carried out PhD research at the Department of Geography at the University of Bern and at the School of Health and Social Sciences at Middlesex University, London on immigrant women of middle eastern background. Currently, she is the junior coordinator of the international office at the Department of Social Work at the FHS St.Gallen, University of applied sciences. She is also involved in establishing transnational social work as a new focal point.
How ideas about culture shape our understanding of "the other". Reflecting on intercultural approaches.
Intercultural trainings are increasingly popular. They aim to help people to better understand "the other". A similar approach is 'intercultural learning' which is based on a theory and method about how to act appropriately in various cultural contexts. More recently, the transcultural approach has also become popular. It examines how we move through and across cultural systems.
In my presentation I will critically discuss different contemporary approaches in the area of culture and communication. I will argue that what is perceived as "best practice" in inter- and transcultural communication depends very much on how we think about culture/s.
Monday, 22 February 2010
Meeting in Genk, Belgium 27 May 2010
Meeting during the Cumulus conference in Genk, Belgium
Thursday 27 May 2010
9.00 - 10.00 New Members Fair
10.00 - 13.00 discussion on current issues + invited speakers
- introduction of participants
- Higher Education in Belgium, Flemish Community, French Community - by Michael Joris, KHLiM
- French Comunity education system - Marc Streker (directeur pédagogique St Luc Bruxelles - new member)
- Special guest: Erasmate by Henning Schmidt, School of Business and Economics, Department of Strategy and Organisation Postbus 616 6200 MD, Limburg Maastricht The Netherlands
Afternoon: discover the school Katholieke Hogeschool Limburg, Media & Design Academie
Bettina Ganz, ZHdK, Switzeland firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Schoonbrodt, POLIMI, Italy email@example.com
Monday, 30 March 2009
Meeting in London, UK - 29 May 2009
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
Meeting in Saint Etienne, France - 20 November 2008