Professor for Art Education/Painting and Graphic Practice
Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle, Germany
Apply by October 15, 2017
Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle is looking to fill the following vacancy in the Arts Department by 1st October 2018:
Professor for Art Education/Painting and Graphic Practice (W2)
We wish to appoint an artist with an original oeuvre to represent painting and graphic practice in the art education courses.
Their central role will be the artistic and practical support of students of secondary school teacher degree courses, as well as those of the art education program. The focus will be on painting and graphic practice, incorporating wide ranges of artistic approaches and techniques. An important aspect of teaching lies in the conveyance of a diversity of artistic, creative and medial approaches; an interest in interdisciplinary work is desirable.
As well as fulfilling the professional requirements of § 35 of the Higher Education Act of the State of Saxony-Anhalt, the successful candidate will also be expected to meet the following criteria:
– Extensive original artistic oeuvre with a relevant exhibition record
– Outstanding artistic accomplishment, as well as substantial knowledge of painting and graphic practice
– Pedagogical aptitude as evidenced by relevant teaching experience
– Mentoring of artistic projects as part of the students’ degree work, conducting examinations
– Willingness to co-operate within the university, and establishing intersections with the Faculty of Design
– Participation in internal university administration
The position is initially limited to a period of five years. Exceptions to this will be considered during the course of the appointments procedure.
Burg Giebichenstein University of Arts and Design Halle strives to increase the proportion of female employees and explicitly invites applications from women. Applications from severely disabled candidates with equal qualifications and aptitudes will be given preference.
Applications should specify the position advertised, include the usual documentation (curriculum vitae, artistic and employment history, teaching experience, list of publications/catalogues) and be sent to the following address by 15th October 2017:
Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle
Ausschreibung Professur Kunstpädagogik / Malerische und grafische Praxis
06108 Halle (Saale)