Assistant Professor of Designing Intelligence (Tenure Track) at TU Delft, the Netherlands
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Netherlands
Apply by September 12, 2019
The main tasks of the Assistant Professor of Designing Intelligence will be to lead and contribute to the areas described above through research and education. In particular, they will develop a research agenda, supervise staff members and PhD candidates, and acquire funding to employ staff/research students to prosecute this agenda.
The Assistant Professor will be actively involved in curriculum development at both the bachelor and master levels. They will act as coordinator/supervisor for courses, provide education about design process and design methodology, and supervise students.
You will have the ability and willingness to articulate the relevance of your work for design research and design practice. You will thrive in an interdisciplinary collaborative environment, where designers and researchers are expected to work across research groups, and contribute to the larger research agenda of the department of Product Innovation Management and the research themes of the Industrial Design Engineering faculty. You will have a design, engineering, computer science, or social science background and an underlying commitment to design and designing as a way to address the complex problems that surround us.
The candidate for the Assistant Professor in Designing Intelligence will have the following essential (E) and desirable (D) characteristics:
– has a background in design, engineering, computer science, or social science and a demonstrable ability to conduct language-based research into the design process (E);
– has experience of using computational approaches to analysis (E);
– holds a PhD in a design-related area (E);
– has a track record of conference and journal publications (E);
– has a track record in applying, or contributing to applications, for external research funding (D);
– has experience in supervising Masters and/or PhD students (D);
– has experience of working in international collaborations (D);
– has a collaborative attitude to research (E);
– brings a designerly approach to problem solving and advocacy for design (D);
– has experience in teaching in higher education (D).
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Peter Lloyd, Professor of Integrated Design Methodology, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 278 8334.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Hanneke Sosef-de Haan, Secretary, email: H.Sosef-deHaan@tudelft.nl.