Call for participation: 2019 ACUADS CONFERENCE: Engagement
November 31st October – 1st,, 2019 Melbourne, Australia
Location: VCA Southbank Campus (Day One) and Capitol Theatre and RMIT City Campus (Day Two).
The 2019 ACUADS Conference will focus on the meaning of engagement for contemporary art and design schools: across disciplines, nationalities and cultures; but also with industries, communities and the world at large.
The conference, Engagement, will be held in Melbourne, Victoria on the 31st October and 1st November. The conference will be co-hosted by the School of Art and School of Design, RMIT University, and the Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne.
We invited contributions from academics and postgraduate students, artists and designers. Papers, workshops and roundtable proposals will consider engagement in the context of contemporary art and design practice and pedagogy including, but not limited to:
• Engaging with Asia: Art & Design Schools in the Asia-Pacific region
• Decolonising the Art / Design School: Indigenous perspectives
• Impact & Engagement (Socially Engaged Practice)
• Collections, Archives & Museums
• Engaging with Industry, Engaging with Community
• Employability, WIL & future graduates
• HDR/ECR support & future academics
• PhD models
• NTRO strategy
• Design Education
• Contemporary Craft
• Creative Arts & Health
• Impact & Engagement: metrics, measures and values
• NTRO: benchmarking guidelines and expectations
• ARC strategies for Art & Design
For more information, please check the conference website: