CfP: 10th Architectural Research Symposium in Finland 2018
Global North – Global Challenges and Local Responses in Contemporary Architecture
October 26-27, 2018 Aalto University, Espoo, Finland
Deadline for abstracts: June 15, 2018
The 10th Annual Symposium of Architectural Research 2018 (ATUT 2018) welcomes research papers in the field of architecture and urban design with regard to globalisation and its effects on architectural culture.
Potential papers are encouraged to provide pragmatic case-studies of professional practice, design methods, urban planning and building projects or architectural interventions, introduce innovative research methods or experiments in architectural education, or offer re-readings from the history of architecture.
Researchers, students and practitioners are invited to the 10th Annual Symposium of Architectural Research in Finland, October 26th-27th 2018. This year the symposium is organized in Otaniemi, Espoo, by the Aalto University, School of Arts, Design and Architecture, Department of Architecture, in collaboration with the Tampere University of Technology, Department of Architecture and the Oulu School of Architecture.
ATUT 2018 Tracks:
Abstracts and papers are invited in the following thematic areas (but not restricted only to these):
1. The Individual and Universal Humanity.
2. The Architect in the Global Market.
3. Regionalism Revisited.
4. Residing in urban environments.
5. Challenges and changing ideas focusing cultural heritage.
6. Places and identities: Living in a world of change.
7. Nordic Urban: What is special about being “Nordic” in contemporary urban planning?
8. Sustainable materials and methods.
9. Emergent Urban Natures: Environmental, societal, technological and economic challenges are resetting the agenda for the use, management and conceptualization of nature in cities.
Read the full call at https://blogs.aalto.fi/atut2018/call-for-abstracts/