CfP: IASDR 2019 Conference – Design Revolutions
September 2-5, 2019 Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
Final deadline for full paper submission: February 15, 2019
IASDR 2019 CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Association of Societies of Design Research (IASDR) 2019 Conference will be hosted by Manchester School of Art, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK on 02-05 September 2019.
For the first time IASDR will be held in the UK and will foster new thinking towards a compelling, meaningful and radical dialogue regarding the role that design plays in addressing societal and organisational issues. The biannual conference enables academics, practitioners and students join together to explore contemporary agendas, emerging directions and future challenges that are at the forefront of design research. IASDR 2019 will provide opportunities for the presentation and publication of a collection of high-quality peer reviewed research papers alongside the space to discuss and debate the evolution and revolution of design.
Conference website: http://www.iasdr2019.org
IASDR 2019 is organised under 10 parallel tracks that reflect the breadth and opportunities of the norm, the now and the new of design research:
* Change – revolution and evolution of design as it responds to the context in which it operates
* Learning – design as a part of the learning process that supports creativity within the current education system
* Living – design shaping the way we live through our consumption of products, the services we use and the cities we inhabit impacting the environment, health and wellbeing of all
* Making – harnessing of the creative possibilities of materials and processes by design and making,
* People – social and cultural connection with design for, and with, people to meet the needs of citizens today and in the future
* Technology – from digital automation to machine learning and artificial intelligence to the Internet of Things, the engagement of design in an increasingly complex technology landscape
* Value – management of design to maximise the economic value and communicate the relationship between design and business effectively
* Voices – diversity in design voices to break the boundary of power and hierarchal socio-political systems
* Open – other critical debate in design research with out of the box thinking, challenging conventions and probe the norm
15 October 2018 – Call for Papers
15 November 2018 – Full paper submission opens
15 February 2019 – Final deadline for full paper submission
01 April 2019 – Delegate registration opens
30 April 2019 – Announcement of paper decisions
31 May 2019 – Early bird registration closes
15 June 2019 – Camera ready paper submission
15 August 2019 – Late registration closes 02– September 2019 – IASDR 2019 Conference
Full papers should be 4000-5000 words in length excluding abstract and references. Authors should directly address one of the conference track themes demonstrating a high-degree of academic scholarship, clearly articulate their research focus, provide a concise synthesis of the research context, describe the methods used to undertake the research, present the findings of the research and summarise the key contribution to the field.
Papers will be selected through a blind review process conducted by international review panel based on the quality, significance, novelty and rigour of the research. Accepted papers will be published once at least one author registers for the conference.
Professor Martyn Evans (Manchester Metropolitan University, Chair) Professor Rachel Cooper (Lancaster University, Co-Chair) Professor Steve Gill (Cardiff Metropolitan University, Co-Chair) Professor James Moultrie (University of Cambridge, Co-Chair) Dr Annie Shaw (Manchester Metropolitan University, Co-Chair)
We look forward to welcoming you to Manchester in 2019.
“Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer ”
IASDR is a partner of Cumulus.