Course Leader Master Program Scenography at HKU, the Netherlands
HKU University of the Arts Utrecht, the Netherlands
Apply by March 27, 2020
Are you a resourceful academic professional within the expanded field of scenography? An imaginative maker with an international network and a clear vision on the place of artistic research within contemporary scenography, visual arts and spatial design? An innovative educator who embodies and promotes hybrid practices critically? Then we are looking for you!
Course Leader Master Program Scenography (0,6 fte)
About the tasks
• You create an innovative and inspiring working environment and community in collaboration with tutors, (guest)lecturers, study coaches, students, and the school’s director.
• You will mobilize, facilitate and inspire teachers with a keen eye for the artistic working environment in which our students develop and for the needs of our international community.
• You foster the learning environment of the program, and are in the lead for curriculum development, faculty and student recruitment, the management of the curriculum as well as organizational resources and structures.
• You guide the research and teaching of the program in alignment with the institutional agendas and educational portfolio of HKU.
• You develop relations and exchange with national, international and local cultural organizations and professionals in order to share and provide context for the work of students, staff and alumni.
• You have a sophisticated view on developments in media, sound, light: their technological tools and the possible interactions with space, the experience of space and interactive performance design.
What we offer
A dynamic and collaborative work environment, in which students, teachers and course leader develop both themselves and the critical discourse on scenography, didactics and artistic development.
A community of peers with professionals in scenography, performing arts, in education and in research in art and design.
Appointment is in accordance with the collective agreement for higher professional education (CAO hbo).
The gross monthly salary is depending on education and experience and amounts at full-time employment minimum € 4.137 to maximum € 5.565 (scale 12), exclusive of additional 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. HKU offers excellent secondary employment conditions, including training possibilities, a travel allowance for commuting and a favorable holiday arrangement. This is initially a temporary appointment for the period of one year with a view of extension.
More information about applying
Are you interested in this vacant position, than you can apply until 27 March 2020. Send your curriculum vitae and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with mentioning your name + apply course leader.
The interviews will be planned in the second half of April 2020.
Informal enquiries about the position or the selection procedure can be directed to Caspar Nieuwenhuis, Director of HKU Theatre (Telephone: 003130-2091709 or email: email@example.com). You can find more information about HKU on www.hku.nl.
Read the whole ad HKU Course Leader