HES Associate Lecturer, Head of the Cinema Department at HEAD, Switzerland
HES-SO Genève invites applications to HEAD – Genève, Geneva School of Art and Design for the position of:
HES Associate Lecturer
Head of the Cinema Department
Employment rate: 60%*
To head its Cinema Department, coordinate its teams, and lead its teaching project and cultural activities.
HEAD – Genève
Very active in the cultural life of the city, HEAD – Genève is a major art and design school in Switzerland and is renowned internationally. The Cinema Department hosts 60 students and brings together a team of some six lecturers as well as a number of international guest lecturers. It offers a three-year BA programme with two possible majors: editing and directing. The directing and editing of numerous short films (fiction, documentary, series’ episodes) enables students to develop their own cinematic language and to become acquainted with contemporary film techniques (shooting, sound recording, editing). The BA programme is furthered by an MA in Cinema, organised together with ECAL.
– Design and lead the development of the Cinema Department’s academic and cultural activities and contribute to enhancing the reputation of HEAD – Genève
– Develop a programme of guest filmmakers
– Teach lessons, give tutoring sessions for final-year students and, possibly, lead research projects
– Support innovation, especially in relation to technology
– Maintain a close dialogue with the Swiss cinema industry, while contributing to enhancing the Department’s international reputation (through the promotion and distribution of films)
– Practical experience in the professional field of cinema (directing, production or distribution)
– MA level education or equivalent (professional reputation) in the field
– Experience in team and project management
– Good language skills (French and English required)
* The 60% employment rate may be envisaged in a flexible and progressive way depending on the person’s involvement in teaching and research duties.
Salary and conditions are commensurate with this demanding position. If you are interested in this challenge, please send your completed application in electronic format to: email@example.com for the attention of Jean-Pierre Greff, Director.
Start date: as soon as possible, 1 September 2019
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2019
Detailed profile of the position available at www.head-geneve.ch
All applications will be treated confidentially.