Join the Cumulus Conference Roma 2021 virtually! Cumulus PLUS+ four grants offered.
Submit your application by May 10, 2021
Cumulus is seeking for academics and staff working in colleges and universities in art, design and media in higher education from different parts of the world and countries less familiar to Cumulusians to join virtually our conference in Rome, Italy in June 2021!
Cumulus conference Roma 2021: Design Culture(s)
June 8-11, 2021 Rome, Italy
Hosted by Sapienza University of Rome, Faculty of Architecture and School of Industrial Design
The conference website https://cumulusroma2020.org/
CULTURE (OF) ARTIFICIAL _ DIGITAL | TECHNOLOGY | ROBOTICS
CULTURE (OF) LANGUAGES _ AESTHETICS | EXPRESSION | VISUAL
CULTURE (OF) LIFE _ NATURE | BIOLOGY | HUMAN
CULTURE (OF) MAKING _ PROCESS | MANUFACTURING | POST-INDUSTRY
CULTURE (OF) MULTIPLICITY _ GENDER | PLURALISM | DIVERSITY
CULTURE (OF) PROXIMITY _ PLACES | PEOPLE | ECONOMY
CULTURE (OF) RESILIENCE _ SOCIAL INNOVATION | CIRCULAR ECONOMY | SUSTAINABILITY
CULTURE (OF) REVOLUTION _ CRITICAL THINKING | DISRUPTION | CHANGE
CULTURE (OF) THINKING _ THEORY | HISTORY | CRITICS
DESIGN CULTURE (OF) NEW NORMAL_ HEALTHCARE | EDUCATION | WORK/PLAY
The conference will take place at Sapienza University of Rome, Faculty of Architecture. Sapienza University of Rome was founded in 1303 by Pope Boniface VIII and it is one of the oldest universities in the world. At the moment, Sapienza is hosting about 115,000 students and 4.000 professors and researchers, and it is a top performer in international university rankings, thanks to the 63 Departments organized in 11 Faculties driving high levels of excellence in several fields.
The Degrees of Design are part of the Faculty of Architecture, which was founded in 1920 and it happens to be the first modern Faculty of Architecture in Italy. At the core of its mission is the commitment to innovation, technology, urban living, while serving a fast changing society.
Cumulus PLUS+ programme
The aim is to create the opportunity for friendship between people and generate partnership and exchange of knowledge between the different institutions.
We try to mobilize people from different parts of the world where there is not enough individual and institutional linkages with Cumulus members. Cumulus can mobilize four (4) candidates with the grant covering the registration fee/ per person (worth of 450 euros each) to join virtually this conference under the Cumulus umbrella in June 2021.
The candidates sought after should:
1. work on a permanent basis in an academic position or being a staff member in a college or (educating minimum at the BA, bachelor level) or a university in different disciplines of art, design and media. (Please note that you cannot represent a MEMBER institution of Cumulus!)
2. represent a country or region that may have no members in Cumulus, please see the website www.cumulusassociation.org for further information.
3. represent a country or region where there is only a small number of members in Cumulus or coming from a new region in that country.
4. show in the letter of the motivation personal as well as institutional commitment to the internationalization of higher education and research in art, design and media and capacity of establishing a permanent bridge between Cumulus, the individual and the home institution of the applicant. We also welcome any other reasoning.
The Cumulus Plus’ians shall agree separately with the Cumulus secretariat about their involvement in the virtual conference; it might be a short introduction, active joining a session, activity in social media, etc.
The conference registration is being done after the program agreement is signed and participation confirmed by the grantee.
After Conference Life
The grant holders are to write a report in English and prepare materials to be published in the Cumulus website and/or Facebook or in any other media, details tbc. We highly value staying in contact with the Cumulus Plus’ians after the conference.
The grant cannot be exchanged into money. The registration fee is paid directly from the Cumulus Secretariat to the conference organizer. The conference attendee can only join the conference with a personal e-mail provided during the application process. The registration cannot be moved to another person.
How to apply?
The application to be written in English, sent by e-mail with the subject title “Cumulus PLUS+ Roma”
Please provide you contact information, status/position, and address of the home institution, email, telephone/fax, skype-id, and website.
1. Letter of motivation
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Photo; the applicant when applying is giving Cumulus the rights to publish their image and information of the selected applicants in the media of Cumulus for networking purposes or equivalent.
4. Institutional endorsement by the home institution of the applicant. It should explain why the grant should be given to the applicant and at the same time it should be an institutional guaranty. The endorsement can be an email from the home institution or a letter.
5. If there are any linkages with the existing members or partners of Cumulus, the applicant is welcome to organize a support letter (e-mail etc.) to include in the application materials.
Cumulus keeps the right to reduce the number of grants admitted or to withdraw from granting any for a specific call.
Where to send?
Deadline for application: May 10, 2021
All documents by email to the Cumulus Secretariat to:
Mrs Justyna Molik justyna.molik(at)aalto.fi
#cumulusplus #cumulusgrants #cumulusroma2021