The EASD Castello is a small institution with global ambitions, who has been working since 2007 in its international strategy.
The mission statement of our institution seeks to encourage development of an international perspective in all our students and staff, more having into account they belong to the Design Discipline, such an international field.
This international strategy has as a aims and objetives:
- To provide an accessible, welcoming, supportive environment for international staff and students.
- To encourage the development of an international perspective in all our students.
- To promote, support and resource international activity at the Institution, raising awareness internally and externally of the EASD’s international pedigree.
The school has the Erasmus letter and we have signed bilateral agreements with:
- Coburg University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Coburg
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Brescia SantaGiulia, Brescia
- Accademia di Belle Arti, Catania
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Catanzaro, Catanzaro
It also belongs to the Confederation of Art Schools (CEA) and the Spanish Association of Higher Centers for Artistic Teaching (ACESEA).
Special relationship with:
- Industrial ceramics: Tau Ceramica, Saloni, Porcelanosa, Esmalglass, Torrecid, Ferroenamel etc.
- Associations: ASCER,ITC,AIC etc.
- University partners: University Jaume I (Castellón).
Our main focus in education is oriented to improve design in the fields of communication, interior spaces, fashiom and products through a deep relationship with our company surround in our area.
The educational offer includes studies of Arts and Design framed in the European Higher Education Area:
→ Higher Degree Formative Cycles
→ Higher Design Studies
→ Specialization Courses
faculties and departments
Department of Product Design
Department of Graphic Design
Department of Interior Design
Department of Fashion Design
Department of Engraving and Silk-screen Printing
bachelor level programs
Bachelor of Interior Design
Bachelor of Product Design
Bachelor of Graphic Design
Bachelor of Fashion Design
master level programs
Master of Engraving and Silk-screen Printing
research activity and main areas
We are researching in bioclimate building with ceramic products and new decoration systems on ceramic products. (Product and Interior Departments).
Also we are developing new technologies in the communication field and since 2019 we are committed to work about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
doctorate level programs
Expecting to have them in a close future.
subject areas for exchange students
The following higher education degrees offered by our College are eligible for exchange students:
TRAINING CYCLES INTERACTIVE GRAPH 120 ETC *
TRAINING CYCLES GRAPHIC ADVERTISING 120 ECTS – [Short-cycle higher education (SCHE)] *
TRAINING CYCLES PHOTOGRAPHY – [Short-cycle higher education (SCHE)] *
TRAINING CYCLES ILLUSTRATION – [Short-cycle higher education (SCHE)] *
TRAINING CYCLES Project and construction management Decoration – [Short-cycle higher education (SCHE)] *
TRAINING CYCLES Ceramic Tiles – [Short-cycle higher education (SCHE)] *
TRAINING CYCLES artistic ceramic – [Short-cycle higher education (SCHE)] *
* The European Higher Education Area Framework consists of 3 cycles (bachelor, master and doctoral studies). Short-cycles higher education (SCHE) is in Spain within the first cycle (EQF or ISCED Level 5). They are represented by 120 ECTS credits within national contexts, leading to a qualification that is recognised at a lower level than a degree at the end of the first cycle. In Spain students can use most of the credits earned in SCHE to progress to degree courses.
More information can be found at:
Short Cycle Higher Education in Europe Level 5: the Missing Link – Full Report
The EASD Castelló offers spanish courses for incoming students.
More information can be found at: Spanish intensive courses (UJI)
Send them by post or by e-mail to the EASD International Office:
→ To Apply for the 1st semester (or full academic year): June, 15th
→ To Apply for the 2nd semester: December, 15th
→ To send firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation of admission for study will be issued approximately 4 weeks after the application deadline.
Spanish and English
First semester: From the end of September to the end of January.
Second semester: From the end of Janaury to the end of May.
cost of living per month (studying and living)
Castellon is one of the cheapest Spanish cities (in addition to being provincial capital) to live, about 550 euros per month.