ESNE misssion is to contribute to the creation of a better society through an educational model based on development of critical thinking, and the promotion of active participation in public life. ESNE main goals are to achieve academic and professional excellence, develop innovative teaching methodologies and educate students that will transform society though design.
Each program’s mission is to train designers for successful professional and academic careers. We expect them to be capable of serving and transforming society, to work in multidisciplinary teams and to respond to changing circumstances. It is our desire that they can exercise leadership roles and successfully face the challenges of an potentially international context.
Furthermore, cross disciplinarity and collaborations between different programs enables further specialization in a wide variety of fields and provides students with a solid education enriched by a holistic understanding of design.
ESNE offers students all the necessary resources, both material and human, to complete their studies successfully. Our dedicated faculty who remain active both in the academic and professional realms, as well as ESNE tutoring systems and personalized support, are all key to our institution and the reason for the rapid growth of our Institution.
Our institution is ethically committed to the environment, with a particular focus on ecological sustainability and development aid. Our students experience learning by doing though different initiatives and the collaboration with NGO’s.
At ESNE we believe that academic excellence is linked to the international exposure available to our students. Consequently, all our departments are involved with our international activities while mainly focused on join projects with partner universities. We are mainly focusing on EU, USA, Latam and Asian institutions. Our board is highly interested in offering our students and staff a cultural experience by participating in exchange, incoming and outgoing programs as well as Design Studio sessions, joint workshops, field trips and our participation in the European Erasmus Mobility Program have all been designed to give more international exposure to our faculty and student body. ESNE has been receltly awarded with the ECHE Letter which allows our institution to operate more efficiently with partner institutions worldwide.
Not only our school attracts students and faculty for different countries whose presence enrich our learning environment. Also, faculty and students are greatly interested in learning from other cultures and methodologies, they seek to blur geographic and language boundaries to create a more inclusive society.
Business training. The program encourages students to develop prototypes and to present them to companies and entrepreneurship competitions. It extends similar support to former students after graduation
ESNE - University School of Design, Innovation, and Technology is a point of reference for university education in the areas of Design, Innovation and Technology. As such, ESNE has been contribu¬ting to the enhancement and advancement of the Creative and Digital Industry since its creation.
It is a University Center that has more than 10 years of experience providing specialized university education and is recognized by the Comunidad de Madrid Educational Council.
Our great passion for creativity and for new technologies is embodied in specialized and leading-edge facilities that qualify ESNE for a status that is more than a University Center: we are a TALENT FACTORY.
ESNE is endowed with public recognition by the Comunidad de Madrid with the hallmark of quality “Madrid Excellente” and by the Ministry of Education, which accredits us as an “Official Foreign Center” offering education programs based on the British system. In addition, ESNE is recognized by the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade as a Research and Development (R&D) oriented center.
faculties and departments
- Interior Design Department
- Fashion Design Department
- Product Design Department
- Multimedia and Graphic Design Department
- Video Game Design and Development Department
- Animation Department
bachelor level programs
- Bachelor in Interior Design (4 years, 240 ECTS)
- Bachelor in Fashion Design (4 years, 240 ECTS)
- Bachelor in Product Design (4 years, 240 ECTS)
- Bachelor in Multimedia and Graphic Design (4 years, 240 ECTS)
- Bachelor in Video Game Design and Development (4 years, 240 ECTS)
- BA (Hons) in Animation (180 ECTS)
master level programs
- Master in User Experience (60 ECTS)
- Master in Fashion: Applied Technology and Digital Business (60 ETCS)
- Master in Game Development. Specialities: Games for Mobile Devices; E-Sports; Video Games for Education (60 ECTS)
research activity and main areas
ESNE strategy in terms of Research focuses on the main purpose, that is a strong interest in the core university and traditional academia values of generation and transfer of knowledge.
These are some of the specific goals we pursue:
- Systematic and constant generation of scientific talent, with a particular focus in design and innovation in the fields of Interior, Fashion, Games, Product and Graphic Design.
- Constant improvement of technical and scientific facilities and resources, both physical and intangible.
- Participation in competitive research projects at local, national and international levels.
- Transfer of knowledge to the industry, through strong commitment as well as joint development of R&D&I initiatives in any of the ongoing lines of research, which remain directly connected to the academic programs taught at ESNE in the areas of design and innovation as we believe that this can mean a step forward to new modes of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Design frequently operates at the interface between markets and technology. Designers generally play a role related to the integration of process in between them. As a result of these interactions new opportunities for business innovation emerge, lately associated to product and service design, as well as the redefinition of processes. Innovation is embedded in the essence of design.
ESNE current research groups:
- User Experience (UX) and Social Innovation
- Product Design with a focus on advanced materials and sustainability
- Fashion Design and the impact of advanced 3D and e-commerce
- ICT in visual environments. Games and Virtual Reality
doctorate level programs
subject areas for exchange students
Multimedia and Graphic Design, Interior Design, Product Design, Fashion Design, Video Game Design and Development, Animation.
Please visit our website for further information.
- Term 1: June 15
- Term 2: November 15
Please visit our website for further information.
- English (check academic offer in English in our website)
- Term 1: mid September - early February
- Term 2: early February - early June (including exams weeks)
cost of living per month (studying and living)
- Cost of living in Madrid: 700€ €/month
- Cost of studying at ESNE. Bachelor: 149 €/ECTS credit + Administrative Fees
- Cost of studying at ESNE. Master: 170 €/ECTS credit + Administrative Fees
- Cost of studying at ESNE. Other programs: check our website