Integrate undergraduate and postgraduate professionals in visual arts, design and visual communication, with full capacity for integration into the professional and cultural field of our nation, as well as the development of competencies within international standards that allow an exercise of High level abroad. As well as generating knowledge and developing cultural extension projects, which strengthen their identity and extend it to all social layers. Finally, it aims to promote the creation and artistic and cultural production as a substantive object, in addition to guarding, enriching and disseminating the artistic heritage of more than 65,000 historical assets of which the FAD is a depository
The QS World University Rankings published the 2019 Ranking of the best Universities of Art and Design and our Faculty has the first place in Mexico.
Since the foundation of the National University in 1910, there is an academic relationship with other institutions of higher education outside our borders. The current Faculty of Arts and Design currently has strong links with Ecuador, Switzerland, India, Japan and Costa Rica
There are agreements and bases of collaboration with various universities and international institutions with the purpose of strengthening academic, scientific and cultural activities in areas of common interest, as well as favoring ties that allow diversifying academic offer and mobility.
There are agreements and bases of collaboration with various universities and national institutions with the purpose of strengthening academic, scientific and cultural activities in areas of common interest, as well as favoring ties that allow diversifying academic offer and mobility.
The links with public, private and social institutions also contribute to students and graduates participating in competitions, professional practices and inserting themselves into the productive sector of the areas of their competence.
The Bachelor of Visual Arts has the disciplinary fields in:
The bachelor in Design and Visual Communication with the areas of deepening in:
- Audiovisual and Hypermedia Media
- Iconicity and Environment
- Graphic Edition
- Graphic and Illustration.
The masters are of:
- Initiation to the investigation
- Professional deepening
Doctorate is of:
- Advanced and applied investigation
faculties and departments
Director of the Faculty of Arts and Design
- General Secretary
- Academic Secretary
- Administrative Secretary
- Secretariat of Management, Planning and Linking
- Secretariat of Integral Attention to the Community
- Postgraduate Coordination in Arts and Design
bachelor level programs
- Bachelor of Design and Visual Communication
- Bachelor of Visual Arts
- Bachelor of Art and Design
Duration 4 years
master level programs
- Master in Visual Arts
- Master in Design and Visual Communication
- Master of Teaching
- Masters Documentary Cinema
Duration of 2 to 3 years
research activity and main areas
- Arts research
- Design research
- Research on art education
- Design education research
- Materials Research
- Art theory research
- Research on art collections
- Research in master's and doctoral degrees
- Research of career professors
doctorate level programs
Doctorate in Arts and Design
Duration of 4 to 5 years
subject areas for exchange students
Universities in general are offered for undergraduate mobility and each student who wishes to carry out a mobility process will have to review the compatibility of curricula that might exist in the universities offered.
In bachelor's degree:
- Short training and research stays, during June
- Training in SEP-UNAM Research Methods, during May
- Degree for graduates through Professional Practices, first period during September, second period during November and third period during March
- International student mobility call, during October
In Postgraduate there are:
- Mobility stays, at the beginning of each semester, approximately at the beginning of August and the end of January
To carry out a mobility it is important to have the certification of some language that the destination university requires. The most requested are: English, French and Japanese.
The FAD includes in its study programs the teaching of English language, however, the student who wishes to carry out some mobility must obtain the required level of certification on their own.
For students who visit the FAD the beginning and end of the semester is the same as regular students (February-May, August-November).
For FAD students who visit other universities in Central and South America they are the same and in Europe and Asia they are out of date for a month and a half.
cost of living per month (studying and living)
Depending on the country where it is made, for student mobility, the total scholarship granted by UNAM to its undergraduate students is 3,125 to 4,565 €, and for Research Methods from 3,125 to 4,205 €
For mobility stays 480 € per month