Make possibilities endless
To establish the School of Design as a top tier international design school, applying Asian innovation to global opportunities.
PolyU Design aims to be a leading transdisciplinary design school that:
- Nurtures responsible and open-minded creative talents and active learners.
- Conducts practice-based research, covering: social design, design economy, and design making.
- Contributes to innovation in Hong Kong and Mainland China, while maintaining a global perspective.
Steer Positive Change
We are open to collaboration with universities all over the world on academic collaborations - Joint PhD programmes, joint PhD supervision, student exchange, research collarboation, international workshops, project collaboration, the University's international summer school and others.
We are open to collaboration with partner universities, associations, industrial and business corporations, government and non-government organisations all over the world on academic collaborations - contract research collaboration, consultancy work, project collaboration, industrial advisors, student project clients, internship work-based supervisors, external examiners and others. We appreciate our current partners.
For Bachelor level programs, http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/education/bachelor-programmes
For Master level programs, http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/education/master-programmes
For PhD programs, http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/phd-and-mphil
bachelor level programs
- BA (Hons) in Advertising Design, 4-year full course / 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/advertising-design)
- BA (Hons) in Communication Design, 4-year full course / 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/communication-design)
- BA (Hons) in Environment and Interior Design, 4-year full course / 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/environment-and-interior-design)
- BA (Hons) in Product Design, 4-year full course / 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/product-design)
- BA (Hons) in Digital Media, 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/ba-hons-in-digital-media)
- BA (Hons) in Interactive Media, 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/ba-hons-in-interactive-media)
- BA (Hons) in Social Design, 2-year top-up degree (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/social-design)
master level programs
- Master of Design (Design Practices), 12 months full-time (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/design-practices)
- Master of Design (Design Strategies), 2 years part-time normally (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/design-strategies)
- Master of Design (Interaction Design), 12 months full-time (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/interaction-design)
- Master of Design (International Design and Business Management), 12 months full-time (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/international-design-and-business-management)
- Master of Design (Urban Environments Design), 1.5 years full-time (http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/urban-environments-design)
- Master of Science in Multimedia and Entertainment Technology, 12 months full-time(http://www.sd.polyu.edu.hk/en/study-detail/multimedia-and-entertainment-technology)
research activity and main areas
Research initiatives: Design Social, Design Economies, and Design Making
School of Design's six design research narratives:
doctorate level programs
Normal Duration: Full time mode: 3 years (or 4 years for students admitted with a bachelor degree) Part time mode: 6 years (or 8 years for students admitted with a bachelor degree)
subject areas for exchange students
- Advertising Design
- Communication Design
- Environment and Interior Design
- Product Design
- Digital Media
- Interactive Media
Nomination and Application Deadlines
Semester 1 (Sep – Dec)
Nomination: 15 Mar for School of Design
Application: 15 Apr
Semester 2 (Jan – May)
Nomination: 15 Sep for School of Design
Application: 15 Oct
Semester 1: September to December
Semester 2: January to June
Summer Semester: June to July
International summer school: June or July
cost of living per month (studying and living)
No tuition fee for exchange students if an exchange MoU is signed.
Tuition fee is required for Study Abroad students.