Open Call: Entries for 2020 Human City Design Award
The 2020 Human City Design Award organized by Seoul Design Foundation and Seoul Metropolitan Government is a design competition. The goal is to create a sustainable city that will enable a harmonius relationship between humans and the environment.
Regsitration deadline: 20 July 2020
Seoul City declared itself the “Human City Design Seoul” in 2018 during the international conference « Design Cloud » which gathered European partners from the EU project Human Cities_Challenging the City scale 2014-2018 led by Cité du design Saint-Etienne/ France (www.humancities.eu) and Asian UNESCO design cities. Afterwards, Seoul decided to launch an annual Human City Design Award, (first edition was last September 2019 ) and worked closely with international networks such as Human Cities EU Network, The UNESCO Creative Cities Network, World Design Organization (WDO), Cumulus, The Silk Road Universities Network (SUN), Korean Federation of Design Associations etc.
2020 Human City Design Award
Design for Sustainable City for a harmonious relationship between human and the environment
- To establish a sustainable city ecosystem for a harmonious relationship between people and the environment through design
- To discuss design as a creative solution of complex social problems in the city and expand design’s healing effects around the world
- To make the design sector contribute to the development of mankind
Less than 5 years’ implemented design projects that contribute to a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between
human and human, human and society, human and the environment and human and nature (including objects, systems, and services)
- Individuals or organizations in the design sector, with the recommendations of nations or local city governments or design-related universities or design-related associations
- Individuals or organizations who have five or more years of experience in a design-related field
1 Grand Prize for 1 laureate [Human City Design Grand Prize] (ceremony on 22nd September 2020)
10 Benefit Awards for applicants who qualified at the 1st review
Grand Prize Money : 100 000 000 wons (KRW)
* worth à 85 000 US$ or 76 000 € (variable according to the rate of exchange)
Dates (Korean Standard Time):
· Pre – Registration: 25 May 2020 – 18 June.
· Registration: 22 June 2020 – 20 July 2020.
For more information, to submit and to register, please visit the website.