Professor of Textile Design, Head of Department and Curriculum at EAA
Estonian Academy of Arts, Estonia
Apply by March 1, 2018
The purpose of the position of professor is to engage and to encourage teaching, creative activity and research and development in his or her field, within the Faculty of Design, and in the Academy in general.
General job description Professor is a leading teacher in his or her area of specialization who participates actively in creative, research or other development activities at the international level. The purpose of the position of professor is to engage and to encourage teaching, creative activity and research and development in his or her field, within the Faculty of Design, and in the Academy in general; to organize such activities, and to educate the next generation of academics.
The purpose of the professorship is to strengthen and develop research and pedagogy in the field of textiles and its interconnection with other design fields and beyond. The professor will act as the Head of Department of Textile Design and is expected to develop and lead the textile design curriculum whose focus areas are: (1) Textile Design, Material and Colour that aims to establish in students a skill set and aesthetic sense in designing textiles as well as understanding a broad concept of contextual applications of contemporary textiles; and (2) Textile Futures that aims to explore a new frontier of textile design in relation to other scientific disciplines and advanced technologies.
Required qualifications for candidate According to the cause 13 of EAA Council regulation no 1-3/3 „Conditions and procedure for election of teaching and research staff at the Estonian Academy of Arts and requirements for filling positions”
Job responsibilities According to the job description of professor of EAA
Workload: 1,0 (full-time); including at least 16-19 EAP of studies per academic year.
Candidate shall submit the following documents:
1. application addressed to the rector;
2. document certifying education and degree along with copies of annexes to the document;
3. curriculum vitae in accordance with the format;
4. overview of the candidate’s objectives in carrying out teaching, creative and development activity, also overview of how he/she intends to direct the department and develop the curriculum;
5. a digital portfolio of his or her works (10-25 works);
6. excerpted feedback regarding teaching conducted by the candidate at the Academy, other universities, training institutions etc during the last five years;
7. other materials deemed important by the candidate (catalogues, books in original languages, public reception of works etc).
Application materials shall be submitted not later than on March 1, 2018 at 16:00 to the Personnel Department of the Estonian Academy of Arts (room 540, Estonia pst 7, 10143 Tallinn) or in digitally signed format to the e-mail address email@example.com with the title „Competition“.
See the whole ad at: