Professorship (W2) Communication Design / Photography at Brug Halle Germany
At the Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle the following position is to be filled as soon as possible in the Design Faculty:
Professorship (W2) Communication Design / Photography
As a medium that both creates and moulds imagery, photography is a central medium of visual communication and represents one of the priorities in the Bachelor and Master degree programmes in Communication Design in the Design Faculty alongside Type/Typography, Illustration, Information Design and Editorial Design.
A personality is required to fill the position of Professor of Communication Design/Photography. S/he will require a portfolio that displays a broad range of topics and diverse forms of photographic expression.
Outstanding work in different areas of photography such as compression in individual pictures or narrative dramaturgy in photo-reportage and documentation are required. Appropriate teaching experience in the area of image media in relation to Visual Communication is also desired.
In addition to fulfilling the general appointment requirements according to § 35 HSG LSA, the successful candidate is expected to have:
– A teaching concept for project studies focussing on photograph: development of expertise in imaging methods using various photographic genres, as well as skill in developing dramatic concepts and implementation of image narration and documentation skills
– Teaching of basic technical knowledge in the fields of analogue and digital photography in the darkroom and studio
– Critical analysis of positions in photography within art history and media theory discourses, as well as strategies of publishing and exhibiting
– Teaching of design projects in the Bachelor and Master degree courses of Communication Design as well as fundamental technical knowledge related to the subject
– Cooperation with the other main subject areas in the further development of the programme, the tutoring of multidisciplinary projects, and the planning and implementation of events
– Cross-divisional organisation of the photographic studio and workshops, and participation in the coordination of teaching the creative and artistic fundamentals of photography in the Design Faculty.
Direct access to topics that are located within an art university are also desirable, and committed participation in academic administration. The position is principally limited to five years; exemptions will be decided in the course of the appointment proceedings. Remuneration is paid in accordance with legal and budgetary conditions. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Applications with the usual documents (CV, presentation of artistic career, portfolio of work samples, certified copies of certificates and documents, etc.) should be sent both analog and as PDF by 14.03.2019 to:
Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle,
Ausschreibung Professur KD / Fotografie
Neuwerk 7, D-06108 Halle (Saale)